17 January 2022
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Henrik Dick (author of complex solidify modifier), has been granted commit access to continue development in this area. Welcome!
- Strategic Targets 2022 post on the code blog.
Modules & Projects
- 2021-12-13 - 2022-01-07 Geometry Nodes Sub-Module Meetings
- 2022-1-10 - 2022-01-14 Geometry Nodes Sub-Module Meetings
New Features and Changes
- Add “Scene Time” Node like the geometry node of the same name (commit) (Nathan Rozendaal)
- “Time” node is renamed to “Time Curve”
- Add a node to convert between color spaces (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Performance improvement: Improve speed and clarity of accessing normals in many situations (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- This affects geometry nodes and object mode performance rather than edit mode.
- Add support for a “longest diagonal” quad triangulation mode (commit) (Henrik Dick)
- Spreadsheet: Add mesh topology information with debug value
4001(commit) (Hans Goudey)
XText Input (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Add way to display warning icon for outliner items (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Add default values to clip editor properties (commit) (Simon Lenz)
- Improve “Set Spline Type” node conversion from NURBS to Bezier (commit) (Piotr Makal)
- Rename transfer attribute geometry input (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Rename String to Curves socket (commit) (Erik Abrahamsson)
- Added GPUShaderCreateInfo to support cross compilation of GLSL shaders (commit) (Clément Foucault, Jeroen Bakker)
- Add “children_recursive” property to Object & Collection (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Add CMake option
WITH_LINK_MOLDfor GCC/Clang on Linux for faster build-times (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Add support for reading override layers (commit) (Kévin Dietrich)