Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- LTS Update: Blender 2.93.7 has been released and brings 27 fixes since last release.
Modules & Projects
New Features and Changes
Video Sequence Editor
- Clamp sound strip when adding movie strip (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Autokey support for image transforms in preview area (commit) (Philipp Oeser)
- Support Copy To Selected for id-properties [GN modifier properties] (commit) (Philipp Oeser)
- Various tweaks to spelling and layout (commit, commit, commit) (Phil Stopford, Philipp Oeser, Johannes Jakob)
- Undo History (in the Edit menu), now expands as a sub-menu instead of being a separate popup. (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Add a search menu when dragging links over empty space (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Add vector support to Map Range node in geometry and shader nodes (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Support instance attributes when realizing instances (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Significantly improve performance and decrease memory usage when evaluating fields (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Support point clouds in the set material node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Add a Selection input to the Attribute Statistics node (commit) (Johnny Matthews)
- Add rendering support for point cloud data (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Enable Apple Metal GPU rendering (commit, commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Improve performance of override creation and resync by 3-4x and 1.1x (commit, commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Optimize memory usage for meta-ball tessellation (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Add randomize options to Length modifier (commit) (Cody Winchester)
- Add a Shrinkwrap modifier (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
Animation & Rigging
- New add-on for copy-pasting world-space transform between objects and pose bones (commit) (Sybren Stüvel).