- Manuel Castilla (manzanilla) is receiving a development grant to help with Compositor development.
Google Summer of Code
- Meeting on Monday 3/May at 11:00 CEST on #gsoc-2021-mentors (private channel).
- Any developer interested on mentoring or helping reviewing the tasks reach out to Dalai Felinto or Ton Roosendaal.
Asset Browser & Pose Libraries
- Initial drag & drop snapping experiments (commit, commit) (Julian Eisel)
New Features and Changes
- Allow joining and closing any screen area (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Add constraint to the area join pperations (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Use proper close file dialog for “Restore Last Session” (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Disable ‘Apply on Spline’ button for curve modifiers if not available (commit) (Philipp Oeser)
- Add Multiframe support to “Move to Layer” and “Reproject” operators (commit, commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Various small tweaks to UI and values (commit, commit, commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- New Switch node (commit) (Eitan)
- Support geometry nodes modifier on volume objects (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Various small performance improvements (commit, commit) (Hans Goudey, Jacques Lucke)
- Add BPY function to mark and clear assets (commit, commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Support Operator.poll functions ‘disabled’ hint (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Build System: Add support for building on 64 bit ARM Linux (commit) (Patrick Mours)
- Cycles: include more transparency and emission in fast GI approximation (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Animation: add “LocRotScaleCProp” keying set (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Modifiers: Performance Simple Deformation (commit) (Jagannadhan Ravi)