Julien Herbey writes:
A new 3D Blender 2.91 animation rendered in Cycles about the Ancient Roman Empire, made during the second lockdown. I was inspired by some historical documentaries about the Roman Empire.. Exciting work and I hope you enjoy it.
By using the new features of Blender 2.91, I wanted to update my workflow, in order to combine 3d render with volume. In addition, I work on animation and integration of 3d soldier character, which is clearly not my specialty. This is more of an experimentation than a finished job. There are many things to improve, but I need to move it on.. This project was carried out over 2 weeks, during my free time.
The 3D legionary are organized through groups of instances, which allows to obtain an army without over-loading the scene in Blender. All the legionary are High-poly 3d models.
- Assets modeling in Blender 2.91 (+ Some assets are from CGTrader)
- Assets textured on Subtance Painter
- Assets animated on Blender 2.91 (+ Some animations from Mixamo)
- VDB FX Simulation and Cloth sim on Blender 2.91
- Render in Full HD with Blender 2.91 Cycles (500 samples) on a RTX 2080 TI (6 mins/frame for
- combine pass // 14 mins/frame for volume pass)
- Post-production & Compositing on After Effects 2020
- Final mix on Premiere Pro
- Hoenix - Incarnation