- Google Summer of Code “Grease Pencil Bezier editing” by Falk David was merged!
- Tuesday Talk (placeholder link for the upcoming meeting)
- bcon4 still planned for November, 18 (Wednesday).
- Focus on fixing/addressing/re-triaging high priority as soon as possible.
- Review status on Wednesday at 11:00 CET / UTC 10:00 n #blender-coders .
New Features and Changes
- Cycles: volume rendering is now significantly more memory efficient, by using a sparse NanoVDB grid. Results are highly dependent on the volume shape. With one a production volume asset memory usage was reduced 3x, at the cost of 10% longer render time. (commit ) (Patrick Mours)
- Overrides: support overriding physics point caches, for locally baking simulations. (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- Outliner: sync with property editor physics tab (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- 3D Viewport:
- Add opacity setting for overlay wireframe. (commit ) (Jun Mizutani)
- Use adaptive mesh resolution for HDRI preview sphere (commit ) (Ivan Perevala)
- macOS: follow system preference for natural trackpad scroll direction (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Python API: add 3D_POLYLINE_UNIFORM_COLOR to PyGPU shader API (commit ) (YimingWu)