- Dalai Felinto will post early this week a post on code.blender.org with a proposal for the 2020 big projects. Everyone then can discuss it throughout the week and the official plan can be signed off next week/meeting.
- FOSDEM - Free and Open source Software Developers’ European Meeting - happens this weekend in Brussels (1-2 / Feb). Ton Roosendaal will give a presentation about Blender in the main track, while Dalai will present in the game developer room (coordinated by Godot) a talk on “Blender Projects for 2020”
Blender 2.82 - bcon3
- Blender 2.82 bcon4 is next week already (Feb 6, prepare release, release on Feb 13).
- Everyone doing triage should keep an eye on showstoppers for the release - if you find one in your area tag it with the 2.82 tag; if it is not in your area, talk to the corresponding developer or with Nathan Letwory (jesterKing) - who is managing the release.
- There is still documentation missing, if you think you won’t be able to work on it at the very least talk to Nathan so he can see if him and Aaron Carlisle (blendify) can help out.
- UDIM by LukasStockner, for example still doesn’t seem to be in the reference manual.
Blender 2.83 - bcon1
- Reminder that features are to come in early, not in the end of the bcon1 cycle.
- The tracker curfew is going well - around 1167 as of now. However there are still plenty (721) of reports marked as “Tracker Curfew” .
- Until this number goes down to zero we can’t move to the second stage where the focus can be on actually fixing the bugs, or to raise once again the bar to what it is considered a bug.
- From these 721 only a few are properly tagged for projects. So everyone can help with the initial pass (make sure all the info is there, make sure the report is properly tagged, …).
- Christopher Anderssarian raises the concern that users not in the “moderators” group cannot change the tags of a report. To be investigated.
- Sybren Stuvel would like a response from the UI team on T70457 (dopesheet click-drag-selection deselects channels).
- Antonio Vazquez needs managing (classifying) the 5 + 2 pending of grease pencil , since some of them are only marginally related to greasepencil.
Changes and New Features
- Sequencer: add toolbar and adjust last operation panel ( Richard Antalik, Alessio Monti di Sopra )
- User Interface ( William Reynish, Harley Acheson )
- Graph editor sidebar layout consistent with other editors
- Rename View Frame to Go to Current Frame
- Rename Lock Time to Other Windows to Sync Visible Range
- Text editor head layout tweaks
- Info editor theme colors update
- New icon for Duplicate into New Window
- Sculpt: Topology brush renamed to Slide Relax ( Pablo Dobarro )
- 3D viewport:
- Support auto perspective when snapping in viewport orbit ( Bataev Artem )
- Improved antialiasing of diagonal lines in overlays ( Clément Foucault )
- Libraries on all platforms are now upgraded to match the VFX reference platform 2020. (task )
Weekly Progress Reports