Mark Kingsnorth writes:
Thanks to it's continued support, the Curves To Mesh addon has just gone through a significant update and now has:
- The ability to create more sophisticated meshes such as cars, machine parts and even heads.
- An interactive preview mode to work with the mesh as it is created in real time.
- The ability to mirror the curves as they are created.
- The option to control the resolution of the mesh from the curves.
- Automatic snap options that move the nearest vertices to control points.
See a demonstration video here:
Next steps: Now the groundwork has been laid, there will be several upcoming features for the tool. Updates will be free to existing users.
- Enhancing the tools's ability to create more sophisticated mesh topology is on the cards.
- Making the tool's effect animated is often requested, so integration with the Animation Nodes framework is being looked at.
- And creating new "conversion methods" for curves, such as sweeping curves, has also been suggested.
For any questions, suggestions or issues you have, or if you would like to get involved, please do not hesitate to contact me via my Twitter page @markkingsnorth or by going to my Blender Market store where you can see more of my work.
Alternatively, subscribe to my channel on YouTube where there there are more videos & tutorials to come.