Ultimate Screen Shader is your complete solution for creating realistic LCD, LED and CRT screen materials easily and with a high degree of configuration and freedom. It's 100% procedural and works perfectly with EEVEE and Cycles, and it is suitable both for beginners who expect it to work out of the box, and also for experienced artists who want more control.
It doesn't matter if you like abstract art or love realism, you can recreate screens and distortions you want, whether it uses old technologies such as CRT or new technologies like LCD, LED OLED displays.
- Quick to set up : All you need is a single quad plane with a UV. Apply one of the provided material examples, select your image and you're ready to go!
- Procedural : Everything is created with the standard Blender nodes (math, separate/combine RGB/XYZ, color mix...etc) not only to save video memory, but also to create some effects that are impossible to create by simply using images. There are 240+ nodes in total, but everything is neatly presented in node groups that are easy to read and understand.
- Animatable : I made it possible to create ll kinds of animations when using this node. The demo video is just a simple example of what of what you can achieve with it.
- Works with EEVEE and Cycles : With everyone excited about EEVEE (including myself!), you're probably going to need to use it with EEVEE. The good news that it's been tested and it works perfectly out of the box! In fact the promotional video and most of the renders are rendered with EEVEE.
- Modular : It might be unusual to hear this term used for materials and shaders in Blender, but it brings a lot of benefits like the ease of use and the infinite amount of possible combination of effects. Think of "modules" as layers of images and effects in Photoshop, GIMP, Krita or your favorite image editing software.
- Pixel-perfect : If you have ever created a close-up rendering of an LCD screen then you are probably familiar of the issues that come with high-resolution images. My solution automatically gets rid of them.
For more information about this product and more please visit my BlenderMarket store.