Ok, so let me first thank all of the blender community for taking part in the early access testing we're doing. Its been invaluable to us reaching this point. In return for all this cool engagement, we present, gratis, our third release to date of our network/distributed rendering addon for blender, here's the highlights and a download link ;)
So, What's new?
- Full integration with Blender's compositor - simply open your file, connect your nodes, press render still/animation - all compositing is automatically added to the output just as it is with native cycles or blender internal engines
- Optionally disable any render node - something we've been asked for! If you're working on a laptop but can connect to powerful workstations, you can go out into the garden and enjoy rendering with speed without cooking your laptop.
- Custom render tile sizes - for those of you using the current 2.78/2.79 releases, you can now give each render node a custom render tile size to optimise the performance. This netted one user a 25% reduction in render time ontop of the boost they experienced using distributed rendering.
- Load balancing that saves the performance data of each machine making it faster at optimising scenes after a restart.
- Support for 2.79a RC and the 2.79 daily builds - try out new builds of 2.79 with distributed rendering
- Better efficiency - we've reduced the bandwidth consumed when retrieving render tiles so this step is now faster and scales better to large numbers of nodes
- Change camera settings like angle of view, fstop and sensor size in real time with no blender file upload
We've also fixed numerous bugs so you should experience a more stable experience when using the addon.
Get the software and try it yourself!
Lastly here's the download link and might I suggest you share this post on social media, it really helps us build a critical mass of users and encourages us to keep developing the addon, we've got tons more cool stuff to come, so if you'd like to help us bring this to blender, simply share what we do via social media and subscribe on our website, facebook page, youtube and twitter.
Happy rendering :D