Google has announced financial support for seven exciting Blender projects. Read the details here.
- Rohan Rathi - Normals Editing Tools, providing tools to directly edit normals.
- Sebbas - Improving Mantaflow integration and adding fluid flow guiding.
- Mikhail Natalevich - Implicit Skinning, providing more realistic skinning that will deform better when animated.
- Darshan Kadu - Improving the vertex paint toolkit.
- Gandalf3 - Adding a package manager to Blender’s current addon system.
- Raja Kumar Kedia - Development and improvement of certain brushes in blender for better sculpting experiences.
- Witt - Sculpting Tool Improvements, adding new sculpting tools options.
You will find the full project descriptions on the Blender Foundation's GSOC 2017 page. What do you think about the selection? And which project(s) are you most interested in?