2.78a update release probably this week! Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Blender 2.78 release status
- Lots of small issues were reported, several severe ones that require an update release.
- Blender 2.78 'a' will be decided on mid this week. Sergey Sharybin and
Bastien Montagne coordinate.
- The list of crucial fixes will be added to the release log with a readable text!
- Windows .msi installer: the error has been solved, the SDL library was updated without rebuilding binary.
- The MacOS installer error for users is still unsolved. Needs dev time (scripts should not write in .app)
2) Other projects and 2.8
- The viewport team did a call for help.
- Brecht van Lommel: For Blender 2.8 we decided on Mac 10.9 minimum. (Current is 10.12)
- Grease pencil drawing uses 100% modern OpenGL now.
- Brecht: new libs have been committed and we're ready to switch to c++11 on macOS in blender 2.8, just waiting for linux now.
I'll be in LA for a week bizz, next meeting & minutes will be handled by Sergey!