Blender trunk now contains Freestyle textured strokes (see above) and Cycles baking! Grab a build from builder.blender.org.
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.71 release targets
- Freestyle textured strokes are in!
- Paint tools (GSoC last year) won't make it for 2.71, moves to 2.72 now.
- Cycles texture baking is in!
- Cycles moved to CUDA Toolkit 6.0, adds support for nVidia Maxwell cards
- Compositor cleanup is in too.
- That makes our release targets complete, and we can move to Bacons!
2) Other projects, Google Summer of Code
- All students have copied their proposals over to wiki.
- Bastien Montagne will work on FBX armature/anim import for 2.72
- FBX testing - we need reference test files, especially for character+animation export from Blender to engines.