This new script allows you to export to the high-end Maxwell Renderer.
Riccardo Gagliarducci writes:
We announce a new possibility for Blender users: BtoMW!
BtoMW is a python exporter to convert Blender scene to Maxwell Render ( www.maxwellrender.com ) format *.mxs.
The script, as the programs, is working for Windows, Linux and Mac. It is able to speedup the work-flow. The current features are:
- base mesh export (and all that can be natively converted to a mesh)
- export of linked meshes object as instances
- export of duplicated (faces and vertexes) objects as instances
- reproduction of object hierarchies
- export of base environment settings
- link (not export) of materials. Multiple material per mesh are supported
- multiple texture and uv-mappings
Currently the integration of the render engine directly in Blender is being developed (not released yet)
In order to run it you need Blender 2.62 and Maxwell Render python binding, released with 2.6.10 version.
Your feedback is deeply appreciated and anyone interested is welcome to contribute,