Learn how to work with materials in Blender Internal, Cycles and Luxrender in this 4-part tutorial by BlenderDiplom.
Gottfried Hofmann writes:
The new BlenderDiplom author Frederik Steinmetz has created a tutorial series that covers materials in Cycles, Luxrender and Blender Internal by example. You start with a model of an Orchid Mantis and all required texture maps so you can focus on the materials and lighting in each of the renderers.
- Part 1: Overview of the model - Frederik shows you the various parts of the Mantis and explains how he solved various dificculties that can come up when modeling insects.
- Part 2: Cycles materials - Frederik creates a rather complex material in Cycles to make the Mantis look awesome!
- Intermission: Introduction to lighting in Luxrender - Frederik shows how lighting in Luxrender is different from Blender Internal and Cycles.
- Part 3: Luxrender Materials - Organic materials in Luxrender tend to be difficult, Frederik shows his solutions
- Part 4: Materials in Blender Internal - Regarding organic materials, Blender Internal still shows!