Personal fabrication company Ponoko are now offering 3D printing in five different materials. They support Blender with a starter kit and a tutorial.
From their announcement:
With Personal Factory 4 you can now make custom goods using a unique combination of:
- 2D materials for laser cutting and engraving.
- 3D materials for 3D printing.
- Electronics hardware for bringing it all to life.
The box lamp displayed below is a superb example of a product created using Personal Factory 4.
It illustrates that 2D materials are great for relatively large, flat and straight surfaces, 3D materials are good for durable connectors and complex shapes, while electronics hardware simply bring everything to life.
Personal Factory 4 is designed to set your creativity on fire, like never before.
- Announcing Personal Factory 4 (now with 3D printing)
- Ponoko Blender Starter Kit
- Ponoko Materials (includes 2D lasercutting materials)