1) 2.5 project issues
- Martin mentioned a keymap design conflict that has to be handled, and suggests a solution for how to combine 'tweaks' (drag mouse) and clicks consistantly.
- Dalai prefers to see more advanced support being added for python script dependencies, like executing a script on changing a variable in the UI. Issue is that this requires an updated dependency graph system, which is not in the first release specs yet. Ton suggests to at least put it on the 2.5 beta2 list, maybe beta1?
2) 2.5 beta 0 targets
- Reminder: the first 2.5 release will be devoted to get 2.5 work at least 2.4 level, with only a limited and well documented amount of exceptions.
- Tomorrow is official start of Durian project. Target is that they'll use Blender 2.5 exclusively for work in the studio. The first weeks is mostly concept and design work anyway, so it is pretty safe, and a great test.
Since Brecht, Campbell and Ton work with the artists every day, they'll also come up with a good shortlist of targets for a first 2.5 beta release. Expect next week more.
3) other current projects
- Martin is working on a network render, testers welcome:
- Damien Plisson has an svn account now and works on the Cocoa port of Ghost.
- Tom Musgrove will send a proposal to the mailing list for creating good default primitives in Blender, especially for complete character models, rigs, and materials. Suggested is to make it an external optional .blend, which can be updated and released independently as well.