submitted by Banor:
The Morevna Project is a very promising open source anime film being made with Synfig, Blender, GIMP, and Krita.Â I have been following this project loosely recently, and am very interested in contributing.
They are currently working towards a project demo that will showcase a 3 minute preview of the final product.Â Character design for 6 soldiers is needed at this time.
From their website:
The main goal of Morevna Project is creation of full-lengthened anime movie, utilizing Open Source software only.
- Promotion of Open Source software and its ideology.
- Testing and improving existing Open Source products by giving appropriated feedback to developers and community.
- Validate Open Source tools as suitable for creation of professional good-looking animation.
- Provide content for other artists to learn from or to re-use, including documentation and tutorials
Main production tools:
And oh, don't forget, they need help!
We are looking for creative people to help our project:
- Characters designers (drawing in anime style required).
- Keyframe animators (making extreme key drawings of characters/objects operating in scene, drawing in anime style required).
- Inbetweeners (making smooth animation based on drawn keyframes with Synfig Studio).
- Background painters.
- 3D designers (knowledge of blender required).
If you are not good at drawing, animation or 3D modeling you still can participate in project! You can support us in following ways:
- Translation of project documentation from Rusian into English. Even if you don't know Russian but know English very well you can help the project by correcting our existing translations.
- If you are good at C/C++ programming we appreciate if you help with the development of Synfig Studio or contirbute to Synfig project in any other way.
- Just give us your feedback or constructive critique.
I am looking forward to it's completion!Â It looks to be a very promising film.
--- submitted by Banor [http://minosafilms.wordpress.com/] ---