submitted by Banor:
The Morevna Project is a very promising open source anime film being made with Synfig, Blender, GIMP, and Krita.Â I have been following this project loosely recently, and am very interested in contributing.
They are currently working towards a project demo that will showcase a 3 minute preview of the final product.Â Character design for 6 soldiers is needed at this time.
From their website:
The main goal of Morevna Project is creation of full-lengthened anime movie, utilizing Open Source software only.
- Promotion of Open Source software and its ideology.
- Testing and improving existing Open Source products by giving appropriated feedback to developers and community.
- Validate Open Source tools as suitable for creation of professional good-looking animation.
- Provide content for other artists to learn from or to re-use, including documentation and tutorials
Main production tools:
- 2D animation: Synfig Studio.
- 3D modeling and animation: Blender.
- Static images: GIMP, Krita.
And oh, don't forget, they need help!
We are looking for creative people to help our project:
- Characters designers (drawing in anime style required).
- Keyframe animators (making extreme key drawings of characters/objects operating in scene, drawing in anime style required).
- Inbetweeners (making smooth animation based on drawn keyframes with Synfig Studio).
- Background painters.
- 3D designers (knowledge of blender required).
If you are not good at drawing, animation or 3D modeling you still can participate in project! You can support us in following ways:
- Translation of project documentation from Rusian into English. Even if you don't know Russian but know English very well you can help the project by correcting our existing translations.
- If you are good at C/C++ programming we appreciate if you help with the development of Synfig Studio or contirbute to Synfig project in any other way.
- Just give us your feedback or constructive critique.
I am looking forward to it's completion!Â It looks to be a very promising film.
Check out the website now:
See the project forum:
--- submitted by Banor [http://minosafilms.wordpress.com/] ---
Finally, something to look forward to for Synfig. This is just what was needed!
*hops over to see if he can help*
Were do i sign up?? I can totally be a part time volunteer, heck put me on crate modeling duty i don't care.
irowebot: go to their site, click on "about" link on the menu right.. information is there.
i like the enthusiasm of open source comunity, that project gonna help to add some goddies to synfig i hope, like happen with blender :D, good news.
Russian Open Source AnimÃ©! Nice!
They seem to have some very high goals. I hope that they accomplish they're able to finsih it. If they do, maybe we'll see another Plumiferos?
Yes! Praise God... wow. First article submitted. ;) Thanks so much, Bart! It means a lot to actually get something on BlenderNation.
Hoping to contribute to the Morevna Project...
sry! thank you Tim Formica for adding my post! lol
but thanks to Bart, too, for all he does!
Interesting they don't use inkscape
Inkscape cannot vector animate. (as far as I know - perhaps with some scripts/a plugin?)
Well, i'm sure Inkscape can be used around in many places just to have it's name on the software list :P
Have you ever tried using prince squash strings?