To celebrate the release of Blender 2.46 and Big Buck Bunny (okay, and as an excuse to play around with Blender's cool new features!), I've ported Andrew Silke's well-known "Generi Rig" to Blender. Generi is a very popular Maya rig that's regularly entered into animation competitions such as 11 Second Club, and now Blender users have access to him too! :)
- IK/FK limbs with support for length stretching
- Automatic eyelid tracking as the eyes move, which can be manually overridden or turned off entirely.
- An advanced aim system for the head and eyes, which allows them to be aimed or manually rotated.
- Reverse-foot IK leg setup with foot/toe roll.
- Facial shapes from the original rig, complete with a driver-based interface
- Facial modifiers for the jaw, the brow, the tongue, the nose, upper and lower teeth, and even the ears.
Please note that the rig requires Blender 2.46 or higher to function properly.
The rig's available for download from my website:
Editor note: The model is free for Non Commercial purposes only.
All feedback or bug reports are welcome. I hope to see some cool Blender 11 Second Club entries some day soon! :)