CGtalk, one of the most frequented pro-cg websites, is having yet another challenge. The challenge is titled Eon- Worlds Within Worlds a novel by author Greg Bear. We are going to take a look at the challenge and then point out a few of the blenderheads participating in the challenge.
The challenge is to create material for the promotion of a (potential) blockbuster film based on novel. With three categories, Illustration, 3D Scene and Film Trailer the challenge is to put the words into great pictures in 2D, 3D or video format.
Prizes are rewarded in three categories:
- Illustration - (any method â€“ 2D or 3D).
- 3D scene - Still and 4-8 second renders.
- Film Trailer - A 30 â€“ 90 second trailer for EON.
For more information visit the cgtalk challenge area.
Now lets take a look at a few blenderheads that are competiting in the challenge. In no particular order we begin with:
1. Martin Jones (alias: Lua on cgtalk).
He is participating in the Illustration area and the 3D scene areas.
Some info from Martin:
I'm going to model Axis city. Specifically, a sky-scraper type object in Axis city. I'll add a couple of other buildings in the background, and a couple of flying machines, and maybe a street. all done in Blender.
2. Steven Richie (alias: TheSoracle on cgtalk). He is participating in the 3D scene area. Steven has started modeling one of the characters for the scene.
3. Simen Andreas Skogheim (alias: thondal on cgtalk) who is participating in the 3D scene area. Simen is working on a view of axis city.
4. Jean-SÃ©bastien Guillemette (alias: Ecks on BA and X-WARRIOR on cgtalk) Jean is participating in the Illustration area. A great image of a tower was created by Jean and Traitor (Richard Borrett). Jean misread the instructions and thought team projects were allowed within the Illustration area. After finding out he decided to keep going without Richard.
5. A team under Mitchell Hunt are participating in the Trailer challenge. Some great work on this one. Detailed storyboards, etc.
If you are participating in this challenge or know of others that are, let us know!