As you may know, Elephants Dream was released under a Creative Commons license. This license encourages you to do anything you want with all the files (including the audio and video), as long as you give proper credit to the creators. Some people have picked up on this and have started making remixes of the movie.
So far, four remixes have appeared on the web:
- An Italian Dub was created by F. Siddi, Valentina Miorandi, Matteo Facchini and M. Fontanari of Master Productions. Dubbing voices is always difficult and I think they did a pretty good job.
- Ilia Bis, a composer and musician from Moscow who is now based in New York, has used the video to accompany his own drum & base (??) music. The result is pretty cool â€“ I didn't know Old Proog still had it in him! You can watch it streaming or download a higher quality quicktime.
- Roschler sets up a story where Emo's computer is broken and wants Proog, who is his computer repair man, to fix it. Proog refuses to fix it until Emo pays his last bill. But, Emo won't pay the last bill until Proog fixes his computer! This one reminds me of a colleague at Not a Number who used to wear a â€˜No, I will NOT fix your computer'! T-shirt ;-)
- Another one by Roschler is an entry for a contest by an ice cream & cake company called Cold Stone Creamery. This one is not so good, in my opinion, but I'll just include it for the heck of it anyway.
- Roschler is on a roll because while I was writing this article, I found ANOTHER remix by his hand: Net Neutrality : Animated Music Video.
- *Added afterÂ posting (thanks for the notice LOGAN): The FrenchÂ dub of ED.