Here are the notes from this week's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders
1) Todos and planning for 2.77
- The updated planning and targets for the next release.
- Meeting agrees on moving to BCon3 next meeting (27th). That means patches should then
be applied in master.
- Kevin Dietrich: the OpenVDB caching patch was reviewed and accepted by Brecht, unless someone
has any objections, I can apply it in master this week.
- Bastien Montagne: merged all ID linking fixes he dared!
- Bug tracker has 157 open issues. A lot of work to handle all the open issues.
- Python3.5 update is done... so unless guys report bugs we assume its all working 100%
- Alexander Romanov will work this week on getting his patches approved and applied. Specifically: GLSL vector transform node and World texture display in viewport
2) Other projects
- Campbell Barton's boolean code is WIP, will not replace Carve modifiers yet (for 2.77).
- Lukas Toenne: working on compiler stuff for object_nodes. Complex stuff, not attractive to show.
- Ton: work on 2.8 could get accelerated a bit. Especially to collect feasible proposals and designs.
Based on that we then can decide on how to handle funding (dev fund, crowd, etc)
- Sergey Sharybin moves to Amsterdam, will work full time for Blender Institute now.