Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting, irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 status
- Bugs bugs bugs… tracker keeps stable around 300 open issues. We still need more developers to close & fix!
- Campbell Barton suggests to disable some features before release. He’ll come with a proposal for which ones later.
- New Compositor and Masking can be finished up this month
- Cycles has a lot of open issues, with Brecht on holidays now we might better need docs or some tooltip/widget to warn about experimental features. In general Cycles’ status is better than in 2.63, worth releasing.
- Ton Roosendaal proposes to postpone 2.64 until mid September, and in the meantime keep trunk feature-frozen (BCon3), with as exception approved/stable work for Mango – which is mostly color pipeline and grading features.
2) Other projects
- Sergey Sharybin will do sequencer work, grading tools. Docs or proposal will be published in 2 weeks max.
- Sergej Reich (and Daniel Genrich) proposes to remove the old “Continuous physics option – this now becomes default anyway. Will be done together with future merger of the Physics GSoC project.
3) Google Summer of Code
- For review: new subdivision surface modifier.
- Sergej Reich reminds everyone to his video of 2 weeks ago:
- Google midterm results: out of the 16 projects, 2 students didn’t pass midterm due to lack of results. That’s the projects for Cycles Subsurface Scattering and Polygon tessellation. Fourteen students will now head at a successful completion of their work! Congrats :)