The main news this week: a 2.63 test build is now available, and Daniel Genrich will work as a Blender Development Fund developer on smoke simulations! Awesome.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's IRC meeting.
1) Blender 2.63 release
- New test build is online since yesterday.
- A long review of status was being discussed, especially related to stability (loads of bug reports) and BMesh. A proposal to make an official Release Candidate this week didn't get enough support.
- Accepted proposal: we wait for the main bug fixers Sergey/Campbell/Brecht to give in majority green signals, then we make an RC build immediate. This might happen within a week, we'll check next sunday again.
- Release log needs work, for BMesh especially!
- Thomas Dinges updated the project schedule.
2) other projects
- Daniel Genrich accepted a Development Fund job on improving smoke simulation, especially for animated objects inside domains.
- 'Tiles' composite project is a target for Blender 2.64 (still :).
- Sergey Sharybin checks on greenscreen keying (nodes) improvements, Bob Holcomb will check on this too.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Deadline for reviews is this friday. Monday after the announcement will happen.