Developers are finishing up the release targets for 2.63. Also, Google Summer of Code is coming up, and preparations are in full swing.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's meeting:
1) current projects
- Today BCon2 starts, which means we should freeze the release targets now.
- Lukas Toenne finished group nodes patch, awaits review still, added to release targets.
- Cambell Barton fixed BMesh docs as agreed last week. Check his week report here.
- Lukas also is working on custom nodes: (similar to pynode, as first step towards plugins).
- Bastien Montagne worked on new/better definition for "Hinge" bone.
- Nicholas Bishop: sculpt masking is getting closer to finished, there are patches and documentation links here.
- Sculpting partial-visibility patch has been reviewed and is ready.
2) Google Summer of Code
- End of this week is deadline for submitting Blender Foundation as Google Summer of code organization. Tom Musgrove will be handling this, Ton Roosendaal will coordinate the day-to-day GSoC duties. See the User wish list and the Official page for developers.
- The target is to get the official ideas page to only mention ideas that:
- are commonly accepted projects, fitting in roadmap
- are being backed up by the module owners
- are likely to get a mentor who can also review code and help migrating code to trunk