The Blender Foundation has just released the first release candidate of Blender 2.60. Please download, test, and report any bugs that you may (or rather, will!) find.
New features include:
- Improved nodes editing
- Animation system improvements
- Texture face properties moved to Material
- Improved Weight Painting tools
- Recast Detour branch, GE navigation maps.
- Collada GSoC project
- VertexGroup modifiers
- Migrated to newer FFMpeg 0.8.2
- Sequencer proxy support
- Python callbacks for events like “on load” or “frame changed”
- OSX now has stable OMP (threading) support for sculpt and physics sims.
- And more!
More in-depth information on these features can be found in the work-in-progress 2.60 changelog, or you can jump straight to the download.
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I really need the income to keep this site running, so please enable advertisements on BlenderNation, or leave me a small donation. Everything helps!