Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Buildbot updated.
- Blender 2.93 release is on track, estimate release June 2.
- Initial metrics support for patches.
Modules & Projects
- Line Art weekly meeting
- Geometry Nodes starts the week 6 of the current 6-8 project.
- Focus for the wrapping up is curves, viewer node and attribute processor.
New Features and Changes
- Add Mesh to Curve Node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Support interpolation between curve domains (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Draw curve data in the viewport (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Polish switch node UI (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Expose texture and material inputs to modifier (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Add Shader Curve Nodes (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
Modeling / Performance
- Boolean: Parallelize raycasting with hole tolerant option turned on (commit) (Erik Abrahamsson)
- Mesh edit mode: Resolve inefficient memory use with multiple objects (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Use Compute Shader to Update Hair (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Windows: Add launcher to hide the console window flash (commit) (Ray Molenkamp)
- Add recursive resync of overrides (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Add option to disable masks in view layer (commit) (Falk David)
- Bake GPencil object transforms into a new GPencil object (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Line Art: Optimization for tile linked data (commit) (Yiming Wu)