- bcon2 is on this Wednesday (December 16th).
- Asset browser merge is still planned for today or tomorrow.
- Point cloud will be moved to experimental again
- The geometry nodes project is working on not depending on it.
- The grease pencil project still needs a final decision regarding libharu .
New Features and Changes
- Geometry Nodes
- Support instancing collections (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Attribute Mix node (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Attribute Fill Node (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- Make properties exposed in modifier overridable (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- Click modifier icon to set active modifier (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- Enable OpenCL rendering on recent Intel GPUs (commit ) (Sergey Sharybin)
- Add CPU + GPU rendering support with OptiX (commit ) (Patrick Mours)
- Enable baking panel in OptiX and redirect those requests to CUDA for now (commit ) (Patrick Mours)
- Eevee: include volume transmittance in color render passes (commit ) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Sculpt: Elastic deform type for Snake Hook (commit ) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Initial support for adding new NLA tracks (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- Reduce .blend file disk space for overrides on heavy datablocks (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- Grease Pencil: support linking effects with Ctrl+L (commit ) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Weld Modifier: add Connected mode (commit ) (Henrik Dick)
- User Interface
- Improved script execution warning (commit ) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Update industry compatible keymap modifiers and property search changes (commit ) (commit ) (William Reynish, Hans Goudey)
- Various small layout and naming tweaks (commit ) (commit ) (commit ) (commit ) (commit ) (commit ) (commit ) (Yevgeny Makarov, Thomas Beck, Hans Goudey, William Reynish)