Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Testbuild call has been done. OS X version will be ready tonight.
Expect download links available tomorrow.
- Project page with targets and planning.
- Bugs, bugs. Bugs!
2) Blender 2.8
- Help is always welcome. Some issues can be found here.
- Just for everyones interest, this video almost looks too good, but really is 2.8 viewport!
- Campbell Barton is making progress on the manipulator api. He is currently working on custom manipulators for a few operators (spinning, and bisect).
3) Google Summer of code
- Join the mailing list to read the student's second week of reports.