Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders:
1) 2.70 release planning
- We're still in BCon2 (targets defined). Here's the projects page.
- Sergey Sharybin's work on threaded object updating is going to git master this week - but needs final review confirmation from Brecht still.
- Jonathan Williamson will write down a page with UI targets for 2.70 and later.
- William Reynish is also available to work on the tabs proposal, and tools/toolbar and other topics
- Jonathan: contacted the original maintainer of Maya keymap (Gianmichele), he's available for future support most likely.
2) Other projects
- Ton Roosendaal had mail from this team. Implicit Skinning is close to a source release. We need to find someone who's interested to help getting this in Blender.
- Meeting further discussed the patch reviewing procedure. "Bad" patches that don't get in (easier to code self) feel like waste of time - where it should be a useful step to become involved. Ton suggested to think about ways how to assist new developers and learning paths.
- Campbell proposes to add RSVC, to convert SVG to PNG at build time. It is useful for icon bitmaps, to keep them outside of git.
3) Happy holidays!