With 2.49b out, and the Google projects wrapped up, we spent most of the time on the 2.5 topic.
- Proposal: move over 2.5 branch to trunk next sunday, Martin coordinates it.
- Benoit wants to merge his new IK controller work, wil be done in close cooperation with Martin to ensure things go fine.
- Blender GE player has stub now... to map bad level calls in Blender kernel and RNA especially. Urgent note to not think this is a good solution... at least the stub code is in the player now, and not in Blender itself!
- Roadmap proposal... Ton still tries to get the big picture, to make a roadmap for the 2.5x series. All devs are invited to make sure they communicate their own roadmaps to this list and/or in wiki a.s.a.p.
- There will be a 2.5x bug tracker back within a few days. The team will maintain a clear todo list in the wiki, with a good overview of the features you cannot report on yet, or issues that are on the list to fix already.
- Nathan is continuing with his Redmine experiment: an alternative system for tracking svn commits and bug reports.
- Sofar it looks promising, he'll report back to us with a final proposal later.
- Sound: in order to sync Blender playback with playing sound a different clock-timer approach has to be coded... Ton will coordinate with Peter and Joerg.
- We have to check best way of adding Open Collada lib in Blender. The library itself seems to be as large as Blender itself now. Adds about 10 MB to download size... Resulting Blender will be 10-12MB in size.