It is with great honor that I present to you our new book, OrtogOnLineMag #3.
It took 8 months of work with research partners and students, covering a wide range of subjects within free computer graphics, in particular that involving the OrtogOnBlender add-on.
All material, made with free software (SPHYNX, Latex, Python, Inkscape, Gimp, Blender, etc.), is under the Creative Commons license and has ISBN and DOI (general and individual for the chapters).
The material is originally written in Portuguese, but can be translated in its online version (html). We also provide a PDF document (only in Portuguese).
The work has the following chapters:
- Tomography reconstruction with VTK Python, SimpleITK and Multiprocessing;
- Converting Images into DICOM Files with OrtogOnBlender;
- Improvements in Converting 3D Objects to DICOM Files in OrtogOnBlender;
- Practical Guide to Amateur Astrophotography with Free Software;
- Automatic Teeth Segmentation with MeshSegNet and OrtogOnBlender;
- OrtogOnBlender Performance Analysis on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X;
- Composition of a High Resolution Mosaic from Microscopic Captures;
- Gingival Smile Management through Digitally Planned Orthopedic Cement Grafting;
- Complementary Nasal Projection System in Forensic Facial Reconstructions/Approximations;
- Complementation of Thin Walls in Reconstructed 3D Biomodels from DICOM Archives.
Here are the links to access the material:
Thanks for your attention and a big hug!