13 December 2021
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Animation & Rigging module has two new members: Brad Clark and Orestis Konstantinidis (@Orestiskon).
- Cycles now has a Metal GPU backend, contributed by Apple. Metal GPU rendering is currently supported on Apple M1 computers running macOS 12.0 (Monterey).
Modules & Projects
Animation & Rigging
New Features and Changes
- New nodes for basic access of mesh topology (Johnny Matthews)
- Geometry to Instance node to create instances from geometry directly (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Scene Time Node to replace
#framedriver (commit) (Johnny Matthews)
- Mesh Island Node (commit) (Johnny Matthews)
- Performance improvements
- Sky Texture: Use Gauss-Laguerre quadrature for optical depth calculation (commit) (Lukas Stockner)
- Support merging images rendered with adaptive sampling (commit) (Andrii)
- Add Fisheye Lens Polynomial camera model (commit) (Håkan Ardö)
- Add hysteresis to resolution divider algorithm (commit) (Alaska)