Salvador Garcia writes:
Recently I put my hands to work to bring back Frankie, Gamera the chinchilla, the Bird and even the butterfly, characters from the Open Movie Big Buck Bunny and the videogame Yo Frankie.
These characters are set to be used in Blender 2.83+ & Blender 2.93+.
In order to make them optimal to work in the latest Blender version I had to change some configurations.
- The materials got remade to work with Cycles and Eevee
- The hair particles had to be remade as well
- Sliders added to control the rigs
- Fk/Ik switch slider
- World/Local pivot
- Special features
- Facial control sliders
- Selectability & Visibility Tab
- Buttons to make meshes unselectable/selectable added in the sidebar
- Buttons added to hide body parts
- Simplify Tab added to the sidebar for convenience.
Besides that everything was kept the same as the original ones as much as possible.
That means that many tutorials from Big Buck Bunny or Yo Frankie can still be used with the newer characters.
These characters are kept totally FREE to download and use, besides giving the proper credits to the creators, of course.
The links are below.
Happy Blending guys!
-Salvador García Luque (SalvaGLuque)