Todor Nikolov writes:
This is a five-part series that covers the full process of creating custom characters for Unreal Engine.
"Custom" means that we are not relying on the Mannequin skeleton or any existing blueprints. Thus it is possible to create any character - humanoid, animal, fantasy, etc.
- Rigging in Blender - Probably the most important part: creating a clean game rig. A good rig makes the rest of the process much easier.
- Creating animation - Learn how to create common game animations: walk, run, jump, crouch, etc.
- Animation Baking - This workflow requires that we bake the animations on our Game rig.
- Export to Unreal: FBX VS Send to Unreal(addon). In this part, we'll export our animated character to unreal using either FBX or a dedicated addon.
- Character setup in Unreal from scratch - This part is entirely in UE4 (the same will work in UE5). I show how to set up all necessary blueprints to set our animated mesh as a playable 3rd person character.
This is wonderful! thankful
Glad you like it :)