Digital painters are used to working with separate layers like shading, color, highlights, etc. This video shows how to make shaders that use these same layers instead of the regular passes, render them out, and then recombine them into a painting setup in Blender or other programs.
In this video:
- A look at a complex paint setup from my Reimu project.
- Walkthrough of a simple setup to output custom layers using Eevee and AOVs.
- Recombining the passes for painting in Blender.
- Recombining the passes in Krita.
- Adding additional paint layers in Blender.
The example files used are available on Gumroad.