Blender's Google Summer of Code 2021 projects have been announced! Blender has been accepted for Google Summer of Code 2021, marking the 16th time Blender has participated in this venerable program. This year, eight students will be tackling projects over the summer.
Google Summer of Code news! ??
— Blender (@Blender) May 18, 2021
This year's projects are the following:
- Regression Testing of Geometry Nodes - Himanshi Kalra
- Video Sequence Editor Improvements - Individual strip previews and modification indicators - Aditya Jeppu
- Porting popular modifiers to Geometry Nodes - Fabian Schempp
- Continued Development on Adaptive Cloth Simulator for Blender - Ish Bosamiya
- Curve Improvements - Dilith Jayakody
- UV editor improvements - Siddhartha Jejurkar
- Display simulation data for rigid bodies and cloth - Soumya
- Blender Knife Tool Improvements - Cian Jinks
Each Project/Student is assigned one or two mentors from the Blender Foundation. If previous years are any indication, many of these projects will find their way into the master branch of Blender down the line!