Diego Gangl writes:
It's been well over a year, but Mirage 3.5 is now officially released.
Here's a rough list of changes:
- New modifiers system. Now they work like Blender's modifiers.
- New Rotate tool
- New Basic terrain type
- Smarter and faster engine. Only recalculates what needs to be recalculated.
- Live mode for Heightmaps
- Diorama is now a setting again
- New edges option for the smooth modifier
- Terraces modifier now has a slope setting to control the falloff between terraces
- New Pixelate modifier
- New Island modifier
- Terrains from heightmaps incorporated to the engine. Now you can apply modifiers to terrains created from heightmaps
- Many UI Improvements
- Presets is now a subpanel of terrains
- New materials system
- New bundled textures and materials
- New icons for the distribution system panel
- Distribution layers now support image maps to modify the distribution
- Distribution layers now support changing the axis of the meshes, so you don’t have to make them lay down anymore
- New materials panel