AMD just released the newest update for the Blender version of its free PBR renderer, ProRender.
Now even more incredible, we’ve updated our Radeon #ProRender plug-ins for #Blender, #Maya, and #Houdini with improved support for the Radeon RX 6700 XT, Cryptomatte AOVs, Principled Hair BSDF support, and a whole lot more.
— AMD Radeon PRO (@RadeonPRO) March 26, 2021
Developer Brian Savery lists the following standout new features and fixes in this new version:
- Support for AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT graphics cards has been added.
- Cryptomatte AOVs make it easy to filter objects by name or material when using compositors that support Cryptomatte (including the Blender Cryptomatte compositor node)
- A 16-bit Machine Learning Denoiser option is now available to provide for less memory usage and greater speed.
- The speed and responsiveness of the viewport render has been vastly improved under RPR 2.0:
- An option for using Machine Learning Denoising and Upscaling the viewport render is enabled under the Viewport Settings. We now render faster at ½ resolution and use the Machine Learning Upscaler to enhance the resolution;
- Changing the properties tabs no longer restarts the viewport render;
- Stopping the viewport render is now much faster;
- Various other fixes to speed up the viewport render have been added.
- An often requested feature, Box mapping in the Image Texture node, is now supported!
- Support for Principled Hair BSDF has been added.
- UV Lookup nodes and math nodes now work in the High, Medium, Low modes.
Check out the BlenderArtists ProRender thread for more details and support, or get the latest version of the addon in the links below: