Clement Foucault has just made a slew of commits making Eevee even more performant and flexible when rendering volumes with lights.
Clement just make a few very important upgrade to #Eevee `s lights and volumes and more.
Clement hace un ratito le hizo unas mejoras importantes a las luces de Eevee y las volumetricas y mas#b3d #features #blender 2.93
— Nahuel Belich (@Nahuel_Belich) March 20, 2021
These updates span over six commits which are:
- Add support for volumetric soft shadows when soft shadows are enabled in the render scene settings
- Add volume and diffuse light sliders, which allow for more control of the intensity of lights and how they affect the volumes around them by seperating their control values.
- Add area light shape support
- Add special attenuation volume for lights so that they are more efficient at lower power
- Add back support for light clamp
- Fix sun volumetric shadow
Download the latest Blender experimental build and light up the volumes to your heart's content on the link below: