Bintang S Pratama writes:
Happy to announce that our studio ( Infinite Studios located in Batam, Indonesia ) was adopting Blender on our surfacing and lighting department beside our other choice of renderer like Vray, Redshift, and Arnold which working in Maya and Houdini. We actually use Blender since 2.80 was out, back then we decided to use Eevee as renderer ( I know that Eevee was super experimental and kind of limited compare to now ), but it still works great.
Now we use Cycles in this animation series project called LilWild own by Mediacorp, Singapore. A story about a little elephant with her friends in a zoo. It was quite fun to work with.
The workflow also quite interesting, we create our own tools to make it easy for artist to build their lighting file, in a nutshell the flow is like this :
- Maya >> Geo and Rig >> Publish as Alembic
- Blender >> Geo and Surface >> Grab the Alembic and start surface >> Publish as Blend
- Maya >> Layout, Animation and FX >> Export as Alembic
- Blender >> Build lighting file and do Lighting Render
- Nuke >> Render as exrs multilayter and do Compositing
As a studio, we are always try to improve our toolset for artist, Unreal is on going, and I wish USD will become more common for Blender in the near future :)
Below you'll see one of the music video grabbed from some clips on the series.
I hope you like it, Happy Blending Everyone!