- Habib Gahbiche (zazizizou) was granted commit access to help the unittest framework project. Welcome!
- Module teams for core Blender Development blog post
Rendering module with EEVEE and Cycles.
- Better defined responsibilities for the module owners and members.
- Render Modules blog post .
- There is now a single Rendering module.
- Brecht focuses on Cycles again instead of overall Blender architecture.
- Cycles module is looking for artists to join.
- Building with Python 3.10 is now supported, the official 2.93 release will remain on Python 3.9.
VFX & Video
- Work was concentrated on making proxy building performance patch (D10394 ) to be ready for artists testing.
- There are some new patches from the community which needs to be reviewed.
- Sprint #9 wrap up:
- Error messages.
- Cycles attributes rendering.
- Convert geometry nodes to regular mesh at the end of the modifier.
- String input node (community patch).
- Simple subdivision node (community patch).
- Sprint #10 extended sprint with the “attribute” workflow theme:
- That will make it 3 weeks in total, one extra from original planning.
- Attribute search to be finished with a polished UI.
- Spreadsheet editor (minimum to be master-ready).
- EEVEE attributes rendering is still pending.
- Clément doesn’t have time to help but will give some guidance.
- Target is Blender 2.93.
- New sample files in the download page .
New Features and Changes