Brad Hollister has released a comprehensive book on Blender's source code and inner workings, prompting a tweet from the chairman himself.
Wow, this is a surprise. And a first ever!https://t.co/gLnHqivVZj
On first quick check the author did a good job. Will gather feedback and reviews. #b3d
— Ton Roosendaal (@tonroosendaal) February 9, 2021
This marks the first time such a comprehensive resource/book on Blender's source code is compiled.
According to the book's description, here's a list of what to expect:
What You’ll Learn
- Find the code for various functions and editors in Blender
- Track down bugs, and contribute new functionality to the Blender code base
- Examine the .blend file and how it stores Blender state
- Understand the Blender core code base beyond the community website documentation
- Review the explicit code traces and source files of descriptions of the code base
Check out the book on the link below: