A new 3D & VFX Blender 2.9 animation rendered in Cycles about Ancient Rome Empire. In the south of Greece, two armies of legions fighting until death or victory...
By using the new features of Blender 2.90, I wanted to update my workflow, in order to combine 3d render sequences with real live shot. In addition, I work on animation and integration of 3d soldier character, which is clearly not my specialty. This is more of an experimentation than a finished job. There are many things to improve, but I need to move it on.. This project was carried out over 3 mounths, during my free time.
The 3D legionnary are organized through groups of instances, which allows to obtain an army without over-loading the scene in Blender. All the legionnary are High-poly 3d models.
See more on ArtStation.
- Shot in the south of France, with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 and a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
- Assets modeling in Blender 2.9
- Assets textured on Subtance Painter
- Assets animated on Blender 2.90 (+ Some animations from Mixamo)
- FX Simulation and Cloth sim on Blender 2.9
- Render in Full HD with Blender 2.90 Cycles (350 samples) on a RTX 2080 TI (7-12 mins/frame)
- Render in Full HD with Blender 2.9 Eevee render engine for the volumetric pass
- Post-production & Compositing on After Effects 2020
- Final mix on Premiere Pro
Eoin Mantell - Civilization Meldown
Thanks for watching and I hope you like it.
I like it :-) Very nice! Beautiful results.
Awesome. I want more of that. are you planning to release more of this?
I doubt Martin Klekners Magnum Opus will be as good as this one
Let us hope! I have the impression that Martin Klekner also knows what he is doing.
His illustrations are beautiful in any case.
Excellent mon gars ;-)