- bcon4 is next week, developers to double-check if all the new features are mentioned in the release log.
- New revised dates:
- bcon1: Oct 21, 2020
- bcon2: Dec 16, 2020
- bcon3: Jan 13, 2021
- bcon4: Feb 17, 2021
- bcon5/release: Feb 24, 2021
- bug sprint: 4 - 8 Jan, 2021
- bug sprint: 25 - 29 Jan, 2021
- Line Art review is ongoing (D8758)
- Sebastian Parborg and Yiming Wu are waiting for feedback from Hans Goudey and Brecht Van Lommel.
- XR development by Peter Kim is ongoing (D9124).
- Julian Eisel will set some time before bcon2 to review it.
- Ivan Perevala is working on Camera projection mapping for brush texture
- SVG exporter is still a target for 2.92 and will require the
pugiXML library (D8628).
- Antonio Vazquez plans to merge GPencil Beziers to ´master´ in the next few days.
New Features and Changes
- Video Sequencer
- Transform options redesign (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Cache optimization for still images (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Don’t store proxy images in cache (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Text strip: add background rectangle option (commit) (Paul Melis)
- Make custom object properties available in Attribute node (commit) (Alexander Gavrilov)
- Add alpha output to Attribute node (commit) (Alexander Gavrilov)
- Fast BVH refit for OptiX viewport rendering (commit ) (Kévin Dietrich)
- Move “Camera Parent Lock” from preferences to Object Relations (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Support individual origins for “To Sphere” (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Disable snap to plane-face intersection (commit) (Germano Cavalcante)
- Move channel group colors setting to preferences (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Overrides: make some pose options overridable (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- User Interface:
- Layout and text improvements (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit ) (Nathan Craddock, Yevgeny Makarov, Pablo Vazquez, Campbell Barton, Jesse Y)
- Save state of top and status bar in .blend files (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Outliner: Add “Selectable” object filter (commit) (Jaggz H)
- 3D Viewport: take clipping into account for Frame All (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Annotations: automatically unhide when using an annotation tool (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- macOS: follow system preference for natural trackpad scroll direction (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- macOS: improved application icon progress bar (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Python API:
- Add Struct.ispropertyset(…, ghost) option (commit) (Campbell Barton)