Blender 2.91 bcon2/bcon3
- Next week is bcon3 on Wednesday 21 October.
- All the 9 high priority bugs should be done by then.
- All tools to have its final icons.
- Any developer who added a new feature to take a look at its documentation, involve artists in making decent images for the release notes when possible.
- If there is no manual entry for the new feature do it, or check with Aaron Carlisle (Blendify) for help.
New Features and Changes
- User Interface
- UV Editor: move overlay settings into popover, like the 3D viewport (commit ) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Outliner: Move collection exclude button to restrict columns (commit ) (Nathan Craddock)
- Timeline: add auto keyframing popover (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- Improve layout of various pop-up dialogs (commit ) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Use Ctrl-TrackPad to cycle values in buttons (commit ) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Volume: new Volume Displace modifier (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Union and Join mode for trim tools (commit ) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Add icons for new tools (commit ) (commit ) (Rahul Chaudhary)
- Preview the active side of the line gestures (commit ) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Mesh: improve performance calculating mesh edges with multithreading. (Jacques Lucke)
- Animation: always try to match the existing curve when inserting keys (commit ) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Batch previews: improve speed of preview generation. (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- Preferences: use the users temp directory in background mode (commit ) (Campbell Barton)
- Python API: add
volume.grids.save(filepath) to save grids and metadata to disk (commit ) (Brecht Van Lommel)