- The list of potential candidates for a 2.90.1 bugfix release. There appear to be some showstoppers in this list, no objections in the meeting to go ahead.
- bcon2 on Wednesday, September 16 - any major new features and changes should have landed by then.
- Pablo Dobarro urges for workflow improvement for multi-objects to be merged in time - but they may be fine for bcon2 too if not too close to bcon3.
- Potrace is still not in, and it is required by some grease pencil patches.
- Evan Wilson made a post about upgrading OIDN to v1.2.3 for 2.91 (it may fix macOS crashes). Brecht Van Lommel will look at that.
- There was the second round of Tuesday Talks last week.
- Tomorrow we do it again - placeholder notes . (meeting will be held at the same link).
- The goal is to do four rounds before we see whether to continue.
- This week Sergey Sharybin will host it this week.
New Features and Changes
- Image Editor: improved drawing performance and solve long-standing alpha blending and color management issues. (commit ) ( Jeroen Bakker )
- Outliner ( Nathan Craddock )
- Use right click target element for context menu (commit )
- Move mode toggling to left column (commit )
- User Interface:
- Improve search results by using fuzzy and prefix matching (commit ) ( Jacques Lucke )
- Add option to instance object data on link/append (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Support dropping object data like meshes to create instances in the viewport (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Miscellaneous improved user interface layout and naming ( Aaron Carlisle, Pablo Vazquez, Hans Goudey )
- Sculpt ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Trimming gestures tools (commit )
- Pen pressure for Scrape/Fill Area Radius (commit )
- Boolean Modifier: support using collection of objects in addition to single objects. (commit ) ( Zachary, Howard Trickey )
- Alembic ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Export custom properties (commit )
- Export instanced object data (commit )
- Python API:
Mesh.attributes for accessing custom geometry attributes on meshes. The data types have been extended with 3D Float Vector, Byte Color and Float Color. (commit ) ( Brecht Van Lommel )
HairKey.co_object_set to write hair key coordinates in object space. (commit ) ( Sergey Sharybin )
- Windows: colorized debug logging support for debug logging with
--log argument. (commit ) ( Ray Molenkamp )