- Daniel Bystedt is a new member of the Modeling team (welcome!)
- He will help with design and give feedback on developments.
- 2.90 potential showstoppers collected in T80396 .
- These are candidates for 2.90.1 “corrective release” (formerly known as 2.90a)
- There is a new Incidents column in the 2.90 dashboard to collect issues raised during the release/2.90 process.
- e.g., Release notes moving around
- e.g., Release date postponed
- The idea is to have a asynchronous postmortem on points that didn’t go smooth and try to identify the reasons and keep some paper trail for 2.91
- Jacques Lucke is in Amsterdam for the 2 weeks particles workshop.
- The notes are updated throughout the days.
- There was an initial round of Tuesday Talks last week.
- Tomorrow we do it again - placeholder notes . (same time, same link).
- We can streamline the format (please send feedback). So far it seems to be beneficial to have these moments to check with the modules.
Google Summer of Code
- Google Summer of Code ended today and the official results will be announced tomorrow (September 8).
- The projects went well, congratulations for the mentors and students.
- Students are still encouraged and welcome to be involved with Blender development.
New Features and Changes
- Rigid Body Simulation ( Sebastian Parborg )
- Support integration with animated mesh colliders, at subframe level (commit)
- Update Bullet to latest version (commit )
- Transform: enable Auto Constraint with Middle Mouse + Shift (commit ) ( Germano Cavalcante )
- User Interface:
- Expose important settings from file browser popovers (commit ) ( Hans Goudey )
- Make UV Editor context menu more consistent with 3D Viewport (commit ) ( Aaron Carlisle )
- Make mask menu more complete and consistenly organized (commit) (commit) ( Aaron Carlisle )
- Support dropping object-data to create instances in 3D viewport, in addition to objects (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Grease Pencil ( Antonio Vazquez )
- New option to set steps in Interpolate Sequence (commit )
- Change Interpolate shortcut to Ctrl+E (commit)
- Sculpt ( Pablo Dobarro )
- New Face Set Extract operator (commit )
- New Face Set gestures tools (commit )