Will 2.90 be release tomorrow? There are still a few showstopper bugs - the final decision will be made later today..
- A few high priority bugs are showstoppers.
- Multi-view fix will be reverted (it introduced new issues), and fixed properly for 2.91.
- Other already reported issues (OSL, sculpting) needs fixing or re-tagged as 2.91.
- Fixes to be done by the end of today - if an issue persist tag as 2.90 + move to show stopper.
- Tomorrow (25/Aug) Dalai Felinto will check the tracker again.
- If no new showstopper comes up we confirm release on Wednesday, August 26th.
- All eyes on the new untriaged reports to spot any showstopper.
- Antonio Vazquez needs two libraries for grease pencil - pugixml and potrace .
- Next week there will be a new round of modules meetings to confirm the roadmap for 2.91.
- Dalai Felinto will hand out the invitation for the module members, notes will be posted online afterwards.
- If things go well this can be repeated every week to check the status of each module.
Google Summer of Code
- This is the last week of Google Summer of Code.
- Students reports are due this week, mentors’ in the following.
- Himanshi Kalra asks her project to be reviewed as soon as possible due to short availability after GSoC.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt ( Pablo Dobarro )
- USD: option to export only visible or all objects (commit ) ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Outliner: improve performance by avoiding full updates when only selection changes (commit ) ( Julian Eisel )
- Overrides: new Resync and Delete Override Hierarchy operators (commit ) (commit ) ( Bastien Montagne )
- Sequencer: improvement performance of transform effect with multithreading (commit ) ( Richard Antalik )