While the physical SIGGRAPH event has been canceled this year, the free online version is coming up! On Saturday, August 29, the Blender Foundation will celebrate the launch of Blender 2.90 (scheduled for August 26), and give the community a chance to share their work and learn more about Blender.
This LA ACM SIGGRAPH and LA Blender User Group joint Zoom event will feature an overview highlighting the new features of version 2.90, given by the Blender Foundation, as well as project presentations by working pros who use Blender in their day-to-day work at their studios. There will also be lots of Q&A so if you've been meaning to find out more about Blender this is your chance, and if you already use it, then this is an event you won't want to miss!
This event will start right on time so please join a couple of minutes early. Also make a note of the early start time for this event: 10am to 1pm PDT!
- 10:00am: Blender Overview and 2.90 Features: Blender Foundation (blender.org)
- 10:30am: Blender for Blender for Short Films: Skywatch by Colin Levy (colinlevy.com)
- 11:10am: Blender for VFX: Dustin Bowser of Visual Creatures (visualcreatures.com)
- 11:40am: Blender VFX Panel: Colin Levy, David Andrade, Dustin Bowser, Joseph Conover
- 12:35pm: Blender for Game Development: Blobkin Blaster by David Andrade of Theory Studios (theorystudios.com)
The event is from 10am-1pm PST (Los Angeles time), and you can register here.