Release Communication Week
- The release team is preparing the release log and demo files for 2.90.
- The team welcomes CC demo files from artists. Please contact Dalai Felinto ([email protected]) if you want to share any fun file with one the new features.
Google Summer of Code
- Second evaluation was last week - 9 projects passed
- Himanshi Kalra announces that her project changed its 3rd deliverable from “compositor automated testing” to “polishing the framework and merging it to master”.
- Other students are also encouraged to take a look at the schedule and be pragmatic about how wrapping up and merging plans.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Cloth Brush Soft Body Influence property (commit )
- Use constraints in cloth deform brushes (commit )
- Enable persistent base for the cloth brush (commit )
- Grease Pencil: New Brush predefined mode (commit ) ( Antonio Vazquez )
- Ocean Modifier: add viewport resolution (commit ) ( Phil Stopford )
- Cycles: add support for rendering deformation motion blur from Alembic caches. (commit ) ( Kévin Dietrich )
- Rigid Body: add compound shape (commit ) ( David Vogel )
- UV Editor:
- Select linked with sync-select in vert/edge modes (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Path select support with sync-select enabled (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )